Stress and Sleep: How to Sleep Like A Baby No Matter What.
Stress and Sleep have quite a dysfunctional relationship. The higher the stress, usually the lower the sleep.
As a result your stress increases because your body cannot replenish you due to your lack of sleep.
See what I mean? Totally Dysfunctional: until now.
Today I am going to give you some tips on how to get your sleep no matter how stressed you may be.
I see sleep as vital as breathing, eating and drinking. When you are not gifted with enough sleepy time your body will view that lack of sleep as stress.
Many women who are stressed and lacking sleep turned to the sleeping pill for relief. I cannot blame them. However, this has become a deadly trend.
Not only are these pills addictive, according to mail online; the increased use of sleeping pills such as ambien can be deadly. The morning drowsiness caused by prolonged use has been blamed for accidents by some high profile people such as Tom Brokaw and Kerry Kennedy. It is so serious that the FDA has limited the amount doctors may prescribe.
I am not saying to stop. That is none of my business. I only want to give your some strategies that make you less dependent on outside sources for your sleep. Plus, I kind of like you and would hate for you to be a casualty.
If your sleep and stress have become problematic these tips may take awhile to work. Don’t quit! Be patient.
Take from the most impatient person ever (me): the more you stress about sleep the worse your sleep will be.
I have some simple tips that will help you sleep which will help your stress and I will be back tomorrow with your Sleep Like A Baby Game Plan that you will be able to download.
1. In their article How To Sleep When You Are Stress, Wiki How suggest some great things but what really stood out for me was: music! When I was a child I always listened to music to fall asleep and I totally forgot because my husband requires absolute silence. If you are in the same situation, why not try some earphones? I usually say no to electronics in the bedroom; but when used for sleep soundly and reducing stress I say go for it. These earphones look so cute and will keep your hair out of your face while sleeping.
2. Speaking of electronics; banish them from the bedroom! The cell phones, Ipads, laptops stay outside your sleepy time. The light of the electronics stresses your body because it thinks that it is daytime.
3. Go to sleep on a semi-empty stomach. When you go to bed with a full belly your digestion system becomes stressed because it is not meant to be digesting food at night. Its job while your sleep is replenish, refuel and burn fat. In contrast, going to sleep hungry may wake you up. If you are hungry before bed, have a little taste of some healthy fats (such as nuts & seeds) or some protein.
4. Use your bed for sleep and sex only. Stop eating, drinking and working in the bed. The stressful energy that you radiate will affect the energy within the room. I know it may sound woo woo but it is true.
5. Your subconscious is most vulnerable the last 45 minutes before bedtime. Have rituals in place that allow your subconscious to work for you instead of against your dreams.
You won’t want to miss tomorrow! I am going to go deep into how you can sleep like a baby tonight, or tomorrow night but until then I have a question for you:
How are you sleeping? I want to know your biggest obstacle, ok?