Stressing About Your Beach Body? … A Beach Attitude is Way More Fun.
Are you dreading swimsuit season? Do commercials about summer vacations and “hot new looks” for the beach give you a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach?
We know all about it. The build-up to summer used to feel like a crushing weight … until we “broke up” with bingeing and changed our relationship with food for good.
If you feel bombarded with photoshopped images and unrealistic expectations, we’d like to encourage you to take a step back and change your point of view. Get yourself a beach attitude. It just might save your life.
Most Americans Have a Bad Relationship with Food
Most Americans think about health and their own bodies all wrong. Our unhealthy habits cause many of us to be overweight and sedentary. Just look at the statistics.
- Fewer than 5% of adults get the recommended 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
- Children spend over 7 hours in front of a screen.
- American diets exceed the recommended intake levels for fats, sugars, grains, and sodium.
- Americans don’t eat nearly enough vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain products.
- The number of fast food restaurants has doubled since the 70s, while “food deserts” proliferate in the poorest parts of our cities.
- By 2030, half of all adults in the U.S. are projected to be overweight or obese.
What this all indicates is that many of us live unhealthy lives. We don’t move around enough, we don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables, and our addictions to fast food and sugar are making us sick.
If that weren’t depressing enough, the way we react to these dire facts isn’t the best either. Here’s what we mean …
- According to The Council on Size and Weight Discrimination, 95% of diets fail, and most dieters will regain the weight they lost within 5 years.
- Science Daily reports that most American women – 75%, in fact – develop unhealthy thoughts and behaviors related to food and their own bodies.
- And finally, National Eating Disorders.org reports that at least 10 million women struggle with some kind of eating disorder.
Does it really have to be this way?
What Would Your Life be Like if You Loved Yourself?
How would it feel if this were your life instead?
- You wake up knowing that food won’t control your day.
- You know you’re getting the nutrients your body needs.
- You have prepared meals and a plan for combating sugar cravings.
- You feel better, which makes you a little more confident in your own skin.
- You love and accept yourself enough to give yourself every opportunity to heal.
- You’re living your best beach life, without bowing to society’s pressures.
Change the Way You Think About Food
At Cooking Healthy Academy, we believe that when you change your relationship with food, you discover a happier you.
Think about how wonderful it would feel to shed any expectations you or anyone else might have about your body. Can you imagine the freedom of wearing whatever you like, and simply enjoying yourself? We’d like you to start there – with that feeling of being good enough, just the way you are – and redefine your relationship with food.
We do things a little differently at CHA. We’re not a boot camp; in fact, you might call us the anti-boot camp. We’re about accepting yourself and giving yourself every opportunity to heal.
This summer, we encourage you to shed your expectations and, instead, find a better way to uncover a healthier you. Sign up for a free session today.